Two
dream poems of her
by
Erín Moure (March 2024)
Simplex
None
of the poem
holds
evidence I wish to preserve
I
don’t believe in beatitude.
Or:
I
believe in beatitude.
It’s that simple?
Feelex
I’m
lying down: I feel close to her.
I’m
dying, I’ll feel close to her.
Does that feel good?
She’s
up in the sky in a aeroplane;
I’m
down here at home
I’m
not dying, oh no,
I’m
dreaming of her while sewing
a
button onto a shirt.
Did I dream that too?
Erín Moure’s latest book of poetry is Theophylline: A Poetic Migration (Anansi, Toronto 2023) and her most recent poetry translations are Chantal Neveu’s you (Book*hug, Toronto 2024, from French into English), Chus Pato’s Chair de Léviathan (Apic Éditions, Algiers 2024, from Galician into French) and Chus Pato’s essay The Poem Thinks Itself Out in Final Lines (Pamenar Press, London/Toronto 2024, from Galician into English).
No comments:
Post a Comment